At St. George’s Independent School, we encourage the children to play a positive role in their personal, social and health education and to become good citizens. We value their contribution to the life of the school and instil in them a sense of ownership. We promote respect towards each other and also for people from other religions, faiths and cultures. They learn to appreciate being part of a diverse multi-cultural society.
We achieve this by:
- Holding pupil and teacher led assemblies
- Class discussions
- Debating important issues
- Discussing topical and important news stories
- Following the PSHE Association Scheme
- Looking for cross curricular links and opportunities
- Providing roles and responsibilities for children such as running clubs or School Council
- Peer mentoring
- Imbedding the Fundamental British Values into life at St. George’s.